CREATIVE ARTS RULES
Rules for Home Economics Exhibits including Art, Clothing, Floral Arrangements, Flowers,
Potted Plants, Food Preparation, Food Preservation, Crafts, Hobbies, Home Furnishing, Household
Arts, Field Crops/Horticulture, and Loom Weaving.
EXHIBITOR GROUP DEFINITION
YOUTH - 12 years of age and under
JUNIOR - 13 to 18 years of age
OPEN - 19 to 75 years of age
SENIOR - 76 years of age and over
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES - Persons of any age with medical conditions causing
1. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor. Nothing previously shown at the county fair
may be entered for competition.
2. All entries must have been made or completed in the last year. Youth 12 & under and
Juniors 13-18 must display age on REGISTRATION TAG. Seniors-over 75, must display age on the tag
to qualify for this category. YH., JR. and SR. are to be displayed on tag for those entries
3. Exhibitors or their representatives are responsible for checking in and removing their
4. All entries will be accepted Monday, of fair week, 9:00 a.m. to 6:p.m.
4a. Pre-Enter entries Thursday, September 1st-Saturday, September 3rd 6-8 pm
5. Judging will be Tuesday, of fair week. All entries judged on their own merits and
awarded points or no rating. Judge’s decision is final.
6. An Individual may have only one entry in each lot in their name or organization.
7. Homemaking Policy: Many of the exhibitors in the homemaking division often produce two items
for one lot; therefore a policy has been adopted for these individuals. An exhibitor may place two
items in the same lot by declaring and registering one of these items to their favorite charity.
Any premium checks will be paid to the organization or charity. This policy is valid only on the
local level at the Van Buren County Fair.
8. No entry allowed in miscellaneous lot if there is a specific lot listed.
9. Checkout time and date will be Sunday, after fair week from
1 p. until 3 p.m
10. If exhibit exhibits are not picked up in 30 days, it becomes property
of the VBC Fair.
11. Best of Show items and exhibitor’s blue ribbons may go on to the District Fair.
All items must be pre-registered using District forms completed by the exhibitor. Data will be
accepted Tuesday after 3:00 PM through Thursday until 8:00 p.m. in the fair office.
12. Best of Show items may go to the State Fair, if there is a category match. All items
must be pre-registered by the exhibitor using AR State Fair data. Pre-registrations will be
accepted Tuesday thru Friday from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the fair office.
13. Representatives entering for several exhibitors, please contact the chairperson in advance
for the entry forms and tags. Tags to pre-register may be picked up at the County Extension Office
and Sew What on or after August 15th.
14. Perishable foods will be on sale Tuesday, in the kitchen building after judging and display
photos are complete.
15. Cookie Jar exhibits entered on Monday will be judged and premium points awarded. All
Cookie jars entered Tuesday through Friday will be judged for ribbon awards only.
All cookie jars will be auctioned Saturday immediately following the premium award ceremony
in the livestock arena.