CREATIVE ARTS RULES
Rules for Home Economics Exhibits including Art, Clothing, Floral Arrangements, Flowers, Potted Plants, Food Preparation, Food Preservation, Crafts, Hobbies, Home Furnishing, Household Arts, Field Crops/Horticulture, and Loom Weaving.
EXHIBITOR GROUP DEFINITION
YOUTH - 12 years of age and under
JUNIOR - 13 to 18 years of age
OPEN - 19 to 75 years of age
SENIOR - 76 years of age and over
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES - Persons of any age with medical conditions causing sensory/mental impairment.
1. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor. Nothing previously shown at the county fair may be entered for competition.
2. All entries must have been made or completed in the last year. Youth 12 & under and Juniors 13-18 must display age on REGISTRATION TAG. Seniors-over 75, must display age on the tag to qualify for this category. YH., JR. and SR. are to be displayed on tag for those entries qualifying.
3. Exhibitors or their representatives are responsible for checking in and removing their exhibits.
4. All entries will be accepted Monday, of fair week, 9:00 a.m. to 6:p.m.
5. Judging will be Tuesday, of fair week. All entries judged on their own merits and awarded points or no rating. Judge’s decision is final.
6. An Individual may have only one entry in each lot in their name or organization.
7. Homemaking Policy: Many of the exhibitors in the homemaking division often produce two items for one lot; therefore a policy has been adopted for these individuals. An exhibitor may place two items in the same lot by declaring and registering one of these items to their favorite charity. Any premium checks will be paid to the organization or charity. This policy is valid only on the local level at the Van Buren County Fair.
8. No entry allowed in miscellaneous lot if there is a specific lot listed.
9. An entry without competition will not necessarily earn a prize.
10. Checkout time and date will be Sunday, after fair week, from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m.
11. Best of Show items and exhibitor’s blue ribbons may go on to the District Fair. All items must be pre-registered using District forms completed by the exhibitor. Data will be accepted Tuesday after 3:00 PM through Thursday until 8:00 p.m. in the fair office.
12. Best of Show items may go to the State Fair, if there is a category match. All items must be pre-registered by the exhibitor using AR State Fair data. Pre-registrations will be accepted Tuesday thru Friday from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the fair office.
13. Representatives entering for several exhibitors, please contact the chairperson in advance for the entry forms and tags. Tags to pre-register may be picked up at the County Extension Office and Sew What on or after August 15th.
14. Perishable foods will be on sale Tuesday, in the kitchen building after judging and display photos are complete.
15. Cookie Jar exhibits entered on Monday will be judged and premium points awarded. All Cookie jars entered Tuesday through Friday will be judged for ribbon awards only. All cookie jars will be auctioned Saturday immediately following the premium award ceremony in the livestock arena.